One tangible result of praying together

Just a few minutes after Abigail sat down to do some activities on pbskids.org, my timer went off to remind us to pray. Abigail prayed first and said “God, please help me to not love the computer more than I’m loving my family, and help me to love you best of all.” {melt my heart}

Later, when it was time to turn off the computer, Abigail was slow to respond to my instruction. Her delayed obedience was not in-your-face rebellion, but despite her subtlety she was clearly wanting her own way.

I asked her, “Abigail, what are you loving most right now? Playing on the computer, or honoring God by obeying Mommy?”

Her countenance changed and she said “Oh. I just prayed that God would help me.” She then turned off the computer and went on her way.

1 comments:

thehungryone April 14, 2010 at 8:26 PM  

I love this Sarah. How beautiful. You are a good Mama.