Conversation with Abigail about the Antichrist

Last night I posted on Twitter (feed over there on the right sidebar >>>>>>>>): "Tough questions start young. Abigail asked tonight "Why is God going to let the Antichrist be in charge for a little while?"

In case anyone reads that question and thinks “Yeah, why will God let the Antichrist be in charge for a little while?” Or, if you’re wondering how I responded to that question coming from an almost-4-year-old, I thought I’d briefly sum up what I said to Abigail.

Some people think they can be good without God. They don’t know they need the Holy Spirit in their hearts and they need Jesus’ forgiveness. When people try to live without God, their hearts are full of the evil and wickedness of sin. Some people don’t even want to obey God, and think that they can do a better job being in charge of their own life.

When God lets the Antichrist be in charge, everyone will see what it is like to have a sinful man who doesn’t want to obey God be in charge of the world. God will show how good He is by letting people see how evil and wicked sin is. He will show that people can’t make good choices (live in righteousness) without the Holy Spirit leading them.

Then, when Jesus comes back to be in charge of the earth, no one can say that it would have been better for people to do things themselves without God.

1 comments:

Song April 29, 2009 at 1:57 PM  

Sarah, you are the best mom. I read that question and was like, good grief - I don't know how I would answer that one! Thanks for posting your response. When my kids grow old enough to ask mommy doozies like that one, I just might give you a call!