Sad girl - pray for quick healing

Abigail has been having a rough day. She has sores all over the inside of her lips. It looks like they are the beginning of cold sores or canker sores. Aaron gets them occasionally, but he usually only gets one at a time. She has them all over the inside of her lower lip, and along the insides of her cheeks toward the front of her mouth. She has been having some good times and some bad times throughout the day. She was able to eat and drink some at breakfast and lunch, but by dinner she did not want to eat at all because it hurt.

We've been alternating between giving her tylenol and ibuprofen, and that does seem to help. Applying Oragel has given some temporary relief to enable her to eat or drink, but it really hurts her while we put it on. Once it starts working, she seems to get a little relief, but it doesn't last long.

She still had lots of time today when she was able to play and seemed to not be bothered too much. But she would occasionally just erupt in tears and tell us that it was hurting. Poor girl!

I just want to make it all better. I gave her as many cuddles as she would take today. We prayed for Jesus to heal her a number of times, and she even prayed a little bit herself. I will be thrilled if I get to report that tomorrow morning she wakes up completely healed. I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Jen July 5, 2007 at 6:36 PM  

praying for her

mo*reezy July 6, 2007 at 9:53 AM  

De-lurking to say... I get mouth sores like that when I eat Pineapple... it's a food allergy. It is very painful and annoying. Maybe she's allergic to something she ate recently. Mine pop up within hours of eating pineapple. I hope for Abigail's sake that it's a one-time thing and not a food allergy. I'll be praying for her!