Ever Hear of Edmund Hillary?

I think we have a future mountain climber on our hands. Abigail's new favorite sport is climbing. She climbs everything. Furniture, people, toys, boxes...you name it, she's probably tried to climb it. Is it cute? - yes. Is it scary for mommy? - Absolutely. So far she hasn't climbed onto anything too high, and she really hasn't fallen off of much of anything. But I'm scared that one of these days she's going to get onto a chair by herself and take a nasty fall.

She has gotten much enjoyment out of this stack of goodies from Costco. Buying in bulk not only saves money, but it entertains the baby, too.

Yikes! Need I even comment on this one?



Because of her attempts at crib-climbing, I dropped the mattress down to the lowest setting. Hopefully that will keep her caged at night for at least a few more months. The thought of her being able to leave her bed of her own volition is more than a little nerve-wracking. Here she is "helping" me move the mattress.

3 comments:

Grandma Grace and Grandpa Peter June 23, 2006 at 12:56 AM  

Abigail seems to have gotten talent from her mother. We remember discovering 2 year old Sarah on top of a dresser which she climbed up using the drawer handles as a ladder. Looks like what goes around comes around.

sarah June 24, 2006 at 12:19 AM  

Stop tattling on me! I was the prefect child, remember? (~batting my eyelashes and trying to look all innocent~)
What was I thinking, being nervous about her getting onto a chair? I forgot about the dresser-climbing incident. I do remember loving to hang out in trees and on our roof. Yikes!

Ashli June 26, 2006 at 12:25 PM  

I stumbled upon your blog through WFMW. I had to comment on this post. I am reminded of my 4 year old when he was just about that age. he climed anything and everything..even out of his bed. We ended up getting a crib tent. I have a 2 year old that hasn't yet discovered the joys of climbing. Thanks Goodness!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Blog Archive