Messy Girl

Do kids just know that they can get away with more when they're feeling yucky? Abigail seems to be getting into everything today. Since she has been feeling so crummy, I have been more lenient with letting her play with things that are usually off-limits. Most of the time she has just been fussy and wanting to be held, so when she found something she wanted to play with, I didn't want to take it away. That was working out fine until she decided to play with the box of cocoa mix. She was having a good time pulling the packets out of the box and putting them back in, so I thought it was fine. Next thing I know I look over and she has chocolate all over! She chewed open one of the packages and was gleefully licking out the contents.




After I got her cleaned up from the chocolate incident, we went back to the office and I tried to get her to play with her toys. That did not work. She was only interested in ripping pages out of the phone book. She got through Z, Y, X and worked her way into the W's before I decided that although it was kind of funny, this was not the kind of behavior that I wanted to encourage.

After so much mischief, Abigail was getting cranky and was ready for some milk and a nap. We snuggled up on the couch and she/we took a nice long nap. She was covered by a blanket, so she was very sweaty when she woke up. Talk about bed head!


Tonight after Daddy and Caleb got home from work, she was in a much better mood. I don't know if she's starting to feel better or if it was just easier to be in a good mood with more people around paying attention to her. Either way, she seemed to be feeling a lot better tonight. We're praying that she will knock out these chicken pox really fast, because we are supposed to go to Oregon next Wednesday for Victoria's wedding. I'm not counting on getting to go. It's pretty unlikely that she'll be past the contagious stage by then. But, Jesus heals, so we're going to pray that she does get better super-fast!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Blog Archive